INCA TRAIL TREK TO MACHU PICCHU 2-DAYSFULL-DAY HIKING ON ANCIENT INCA TRAIL • ARRIVE INTO MACHU PICCHU THROUGH THE SUN GATE SCENIC ANDES MOUNTAINS TRAIN
– 2-Day Adventure – Hiking on the Inca Trail – Wiñay Wayna Ruins Tour – Aguas Calientes shopping and hot springs – Includes guided tour of Machu Picchu – Tourist Expedition train ride – 1 nights Hotel Accommodations included – Start any day
Pricing: $525.00/person – (25% deposit required at time of booking) –
Travel Insurance Available through World Nomads – Huayna Picchu Ticket (US$75) – Vistadome train for trip from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo – Solo fee – private hotel room $75.00 – Tips –
Our condensed 2-Day Inca Trail Trek allows you to capture the very best of the Inca Trail and Machu Picchu. Enjoy a full day hike along the original-historical Inca Trail. Our six-hour hike will bring you into the Wiñay Wayna ruins and then through the Sun Gate for your first views of Machu Picchu. You will head down to Aguas Calientes for the evening and then enjoy a full-day tour of Machu Picchu on day two of this short Inca Trail Trek.
On this tour you can expect to hike for 6-7 hours at elevation. You should come prepared with proper equipment. Physical conditioning for at least before the trek is advised. Please do not leave any required equipment at home. Our guides will provide much of the equipment but please ask. Please read our booking policy before purchase.
Tour Details for 2-Day Inca Trail Trek to Machu Picchu
The Inca Trail is one of the most well-known and popular trails in the world. Guiding Peru’s condensed 2 Day Inca Trail Trek covers 11kms. This trek demands less effort and less time than our Classic 4 Day Trek. We have created this itinerary for people who want to enter Machu Picchu by the Inca Trail, but don’t have a lot of trekking experience or much time to complete the full trek. *One day before the trek: Guide briefing in your hotel lobby. Time to be determined at time of booking.
Day 1:INCA TRAIL TREK: CUSCO TO KM 104 TO AGUAS CALIENTES
• Accommodation: Hotel (standard), Aguas Calientes • Highest Elevation: 2650m • Beginning Elevation: 2030m • Distance to walk: 13km • Approximate walking time: 6-7 hours • Meals: Box lunch, dinner, and snacks After an early breakfast, we leave the hotel in Cusco, along with the lead guide in a private van and take you to the train station at Ollantaytambo; where we will take the train to the starting point of the 2 Day Trek at Km 104. On arrival, we will have a light snack and meet our assistant guides while we finalize our gear. Next, we will check in at the Inca Trail entry point and begin our adventure to Machu Picchu. Chachabamba (2,050m) will be the 1st archaeological center we visit. This well-preserved Inca site is known for its beautiful construction and important location in the Sacred Valley. Next, we will slowly climb for about 3 hours to the archaeological center of Wiñaywayna (2,650m), where we will enjoy its magnificent structures and a fulfilling box lunch. After a short break, we continue hiking through the semi-tropical forest to Intipunku (Sun Gate), where we witness the first panoramic view of the citadel of Machu Picchu, surrounded by impressive mountain peaks, deep valleys and the Urubamba River. From Intipunku, we descend for 30 minutes to the citadel, take a rest and have plenty of opportunity to take photos. Lastly for today, we will take the bus to the town of Aguas Calientes (2,030m), where we will spend the night at our hotel. Later today we will have the option to visit the Aguas Calientes hot springs. Following this experience, you will enjoy a meal at a local restaurant in Aguas Calientes, where Guiding Peru’s guide will brief you about your next day at Machu Picchu.
Day 2: AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO
• Meals: Breakfast, box snacks After an early breakfast, we begin the tour to Machu Picchu. We will start along the Inca trail that ends in Machu Picchu, one of the flat stones on the edge of cliffs in the highland jungle, that is well known as the Inca Bridge Trail. This is a fascinating walk where few people go and will take us about 35 minutes round trip. It is the best beginning we can offer for a tour around this magical complex. After the Inca Bridge, you will relax with at the best view point of the Citadel and our guide will start explaining the mystery of Machu Picchu. Following his discussion, your guide will lead you on a tour of the total complex for 2-3 hours. Following the guided tour you you will be provided a light box snack and have plenty of free time to explore Machu Picchu on your own or take the optional Huayna Picchu Mountain climb. Following your visit to Machu Picchu, a bus will transport you back to Aguas Calientes where you will have time to shop, prior to your return train departing to Cusco. You board the train at 4:30 pm to Poroy where the Guiding Peru van and driver are waiting to transport you back to your Cusco hotel, arriving at approximately 8:00 pm.
What’s Included in our 2-Day Inca Trail Trek to Machu Picchu
• Expert English/Spanish speaking indigenous guides • Pre trek briefing with lead guide, 1 day prior to trek • Return transportation to your Cusco Hotel • Meals as indicated • Hiking Poles • Bus Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu (round trip) • 2 Day Inca Trail Trek permits • Guided tour of Machu Picchu • Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu • Expedition Train Tickets • Bus from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes. • 1 night Hotel accommodations, Aguas Calientes • Dinner in Aguas Calientes at local restaurant
Suggested Packing List
• Original passport (should passport change post booking bring both) • ISIC international student card if applicable. • Backpack to carry your personal items • Comfortable trekking boots with good ankle support • Warm clothes, layers for variable temperatures • Thermal underwear for cold conditions • Gloves or mittens, wool socks, beanie for cold conditions • T-shirts and trekking pants that zip off to short pants for comfort • Personal medications, insect repellent • Flash light or head lamp • Camera • Binoculars • Sun hat, Sunscreen, and sunglasses • Rain jacket/pants or high quality rain poncho • Personal Toiletries, toilet paper, small towel, moist towelettes • 2 x1 litre water bottle • Bathing suit for the hot springs in Aguas Calientes • Extra money for drinks & tips, souvenirs etc in soles
INCA TRAIL INFORMATION GUIDE
This tour includes hiking on the Inca Trail! For sustainability purposes the Ministry of Peru limits the number of people that can hike on the Inca Trail each year. Here's everything you need to know about the Inca Trail including permits and availability!
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
"Our guides Reuben, Marco and Celia were great. They took care of everything. I enjoyed the conversation and learning about their country. I liked the food and think the meals were well rounded. The hotels were clean and accommodating. Good team. I’d book with them again."
SEAN S., DENVER CO
"Awesome leadership, great preparation, outstanding food, a new adventure at every turn and....the contrast from 14000 ft. peaks to jungle canopy was what brought it all together....two worlds, one civilization, new friendships, and lots of fun. We'll be back!"
LOUIS C., SCOTTSDALE AZ
"One final note - over the four days, one couldn't help looking over at the other groups of trekkers, observing and even chatting with along the trail. From groups of 2 to what looked like other groups of 30+ people, I don't think I found any group that was as well looked after as our group. You can stop looking now - go ahead and book with Guiding Peru."
RICHARD C., ALBERTA CALGARY CANADA
YOU SHOULD KNOW
When to Travel
- High Season (June – August): Dry season in the Andean highlands. Best time for dry conditions for hiking in the Sacred Valley and on Inca Trail.
- Shoulder Season (September-November and March-May): Occasional rain storms Trails are less crowded, making for ideal visits with more solitude.
- Low Season (December to February): Rainy season. Expect persistent daily rains. The Inca Trail is closed in February for trail maintenance and campsite clean up.
Travel insurance: simple & flexible
You can buy and claim online, even after you’ve left home. Travel insurance from WorldNomads.com is available to people from 140 countries. It’s designed for adventurous travellers with cover for overseas medical, evacuation, baggage and a range of adventure sports and activities.