CUSCO CITY CULTURAL GUIDED TOUR
Voted BEST city tour in Peru
Visit ALL major Cusco city sites
Hike on an ancient Inca Trail
Overview of Cusco City Tour – Cultural Tour
Guiding Peru offers an exclusive Cusco City Tour designed to explore the beautiful highlights of all the major attractions of the city of Cusco and the Sacsayhuaman Archaeological Park. This tour is the perfect introduction to Cusco, packing in all the significant Inca and colonial sights of this historic city, plus all of the major Inca ruins in and around the city..
$135.00/person (2 person minimum)
- 20% discount for groups of 4 or more
- 25% deposit required at time of booking
Cusco Cultural Tour Details:
Our unique, full day Cusco City Tour aims to take you around all the important and popular sites including the Cusco Cathedral, the Temple of the Sun and various impressive Inca sites (found outside the city). On our guided Cusco City tour, you will get an opportunity to explore the truly fascinating Cusco city and experience a perfect blend of Inca and Spanish cultures. When visiting Cusco, you should consider our full day Cusco City Tour to have the most authentic cultural experience with our Indigenous guides.
Your guided Cusco CityTour starts with a hotel pickup at 8:00 am. This morning, you will enjoy walking and talking with our guides, exploring the most traditional and important streets of the beautiful Cusco city. On this Cusco City Tour, your first stop will be the historical “Qoricancha” or the Temple of the Sun, which had a great importance during the Inca Empire and was dedicated primarily to Inti, the Sun God. You will love to exploring the “Qoricancha”, which is one of the most revered temples of Cusco. On the Cusco City Tour, the next stop will be the San Blas neighborhood and the city’s main Cathedral, after which, you will enjoy a comfortable drive to Qenko, the Temple of Fertility for a 30-minute tour. Your next destination of the Cusco CityTour will be Sacsayhuaman (located on a steep hill that overlooks the city), which you will reach by walking down on a part of the original Inca trail. Visiting this fortified complex will give you a wide view of the valley to the southeast. From this site, it will be a delight to walk the last mile down to your hotel through a historic part of the city or, if you prefer, our van can pick you up and drive you back, ending the Cusco City Tour at 6 pm.
Information of Cusco Cultural Tour:
* Daily departures
* Hours: 8 am to 6 pm
* Santo Domingo Monastery/ Qoricancha
Sites around the Cusco City:
* Puca Pucara
* Inca Trail walking
When to Travel
- High Season (June – August): Dry season in the Andean highlands. Best time for dry conditions for hiking in the Sacred Valley and on Inca Trail.
- Shoulder Season (September-November and March-May): Occasional rainstorms Trails are less crowded, making for ideal visits with more solitude.
- Low Season (December to February): Rainy season. Expect persistent daily rains.
- The Inca Trail is closed in February for trail maintenance and campsite clean up.
Suggested Packing List
- Tourist ticket (not included in price)
- Sun hat
- Sun protection cream
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho
- Insect repellant
- Extra monies for souvenirs
What’s included in our Cusco Cultural Tour?
- Cusco hotel pickup
- English/ Spanish speaking indigenous tour guide
- Comfortable Round-trip private van transportation
- Snacks and bottled water
- Entrance fee to the Cathedral or Qoricancha
- Tourist ticket for archaeological sites
- Travel insurance