SACRED VALLEY PERU CYCLING TOURS
COMBINE ADVENTURE, HISTORY, AND CULTURE • 3 ROUTE OPTIONS • DOWNHILL AND CROSS COUNTRY STYLE MOUNTAIN BIKING AVAILABLE
✓Explore the beautiful Sacred Valley ✓3 route options ✓Great opportunity for a full day adventure ✓Enjoy an active and educational tour experience ✓Learn about the culture and history of the Sacred Valley ✓Tour is available daily
Pricing: $135.00/person – (2 person minimum) – (25% deposit required at time of booking) –
Travel Insurance Available through World Nomads – Tourist ticket for archaeological sites (required for optional entry into Pisac or Ollantaytambo Inca ruins, $23.00 USD) – Tips – Sal Pans entry, $3.30 USD –
Guiding Peru offers three unique routes to choose from to enjoy a memorable travel experience through the wonders of the Sacred Valley.
On this tour you can expect a full day of cycling. You should come prepared with proper equipment. Please see our suggesting packing list for equipment we recommend you bring on the tour. Our guides will provide much of the equipment but please ask. Please read our booking policy before purchase.
Sacred Valley Peru Cycling Tour Details
Our Sacred Valley Peru Cycling Tours include three options to choose from:
- Option 1– You will get a chance to tour the Inca ruins of Pisac and Ollantaytambo while cycling along the scenic Urubamba River.
- Option 2– You will get an opportunity to tour the Inca ruins of Pisac and the salt pans of Moray while cycling along the Urubamba River.
- Option 3 – You will be able to tour the archaeological park of Tipon and the Incan city of Piquillaqta while cycling around the Huacarpay Lake providing incredible views and solitude.
Option 1: Full Day Sacred Valley Peru Cycling Tour from Pisac to Ollantaytambo
– Cycling along the beautiful Urubamba River – Explore the Pisac Inca ruins and Ollantaytambo Inca ruins On your Sacred Valley Peru Cycling Tour, you will be able to visit the impressive Incan city of Pisac on a beautiful early morning, which will prove to be a fantastic tour. This Peru Cycling Tour will allow you to explore the amazing terraces, agriculture sector and religious areas featuring impressive temples, living sites and a small stretch of Inca trail (around the urban sector). The Pisac ruins is considered the gate to the Sacred Valley from the south, with its impressive architectural buildings. On this Sacred Valley Peru tour, you will be able to visit the only Inca site that shows a fascinating cemetery from the Inca and pre-Incan time. During our Peru cycling tour, you will be able to see the most important areas of the city, with a different perspective, and get a chance to explore the complete site. After the Pisac visit, you will start riding the bike down a long paved road until Taray, which is located 30 minutes from the Pisac Incan Ruins. Then you will eat your box lunch, in a special spot chosen by your guide. After lunch, you will be driven in our van to Ollantaytambo. Within one hour, you will be at your next Inca site-Ollantaytambo to enjoy a 45 minute guided tour, exploring an intact Inca village, charming waterways and quaint streets of the town. At this location, you can also explore the archaeological site, take pictures and explore the town. After this beautiful tour, you will be driven back to Cusco. If you want to continue on to Machu Picchu, then we will drive you to the train station for Aguas Calientes town.
Option 2: Peru Cycling Tour of Pisac, Moray to Salt Pans
– Cycling along the scenic Urubamba River – Explore the Pisac Inca ruins and Moray Salt Pans Your Sacred Valley Peru tour starts in the early morning, when you will be picked up by the Guiding Peru tour guide from your hotel and driven to the impressive Incan City of Pisac to enjoy a fantastic tour of the ruins. After visiting Pisac, you will get a chance to indulge in an exhilarating Peru cycling tour by riding along the scenic Urubamba River and enjoy a delicious box lunch. Then, along with your guide, you will continue to Ollantaytambo in a comfortable van. For the next hour, we will be at the Inca site of Moray. Here you will witness a fantastic display of Incan agricultural experimentation of micro-climates, developing tropical production in the highlands. It is built in the shape of an amphitheater. Our knowledgeable tour guide will help you understand the importance of this great empire. Then on a bike, you will arrive at the Maras Salt Pans. This has been the main mining area of salt in Peru since the first civilizations in South America and considered one of the most productive in the world. This mining site continues to provide pink salt and is known for its expansive salt pans, which are made by the Incas to divert a salt-laden spring to basins that help the water to evaporate (resulting in a fresh salt collection). You can wander around this area with your guide to learn about he amazing engineering, witness the mass amount of salt, and enjoy views of the area (which looks like a moon landscape). You will then be driven back to your Cusco hotel by van, which marks the end of the tour.
Option 3: Peru Cycling Tour of Patabamba, Tipon, Huacarpay Lake, Pikillactay and Cusco Inca Gate
– Enjoy cycling around the Huacarpay Lake – Visit Tipon Archaeological Park – Explore the Incan city of Piquillaqta Your Sacred Valley Peru tour starts with an early morning pickup from your hotel that will take you on a 45 minutes drive towards the east of Cusco to the community of Patabamba. Here you will start a one hour 30-minute walking tour around the Tipon Park. This park is a giant archaeological center, which has the appearance of a giant park made for the upper class. Our guide will help you learn about its history, showing how this incredible site was used mainly for agriculture experimentation. After the hike, and learning about the history of Incas, you will get a chance to ride the bikes downhill for 15 minutes on a paved road to visit the Tipon village. Then, on a flat dirt path, you and your guide will ride along for 1 hour through little villages on the way to Huacarpay Lake. You will get a chance to ride around the entire lake, and at the end, take a break to enjoy the beauty of the area. Your guide will prepare your box lunch, while you observe the variety of birds around the lake. After havin lunch, you will enjoy a guided tour around Piquillaqta, which is the only pre-Incan city located in the Cusco region. Your tour at this site will be approximately 45 minutes, then you will be driven back to your Cusco hotel.
Departure Information for All Options
- Daily departures
- Hours- 8 am to 6 pm
What’s Included in our Sacred Valley Peru Cycling Tours
• Round-trip transportation and vehicle support • Professional English/Spanish speaking indigenous tour guide • Snacks and Water • Helmet • High quality full suspension mountain bike
Suggested Packing List
• Sun hat • Sun protection cream • Waterproof jacket/rain poncho • Camera • Insect repellant • Extra monies for souvenirs
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
"Our guides Reuben, Marco and Celia were great. They took care of everything. I enjoyed the conversation and learning about their country. I liked the food and think the meals were well rounded. The hotels were clean and accommodating. Good team. I’d book with them again."
SEAN S., DENVER CO
"Awesome leadership, great preparation, outstanding food, a new adventure at every turn and....the contrast from 14000 ft. peaks to jungle canopy was what brought it all together....two worlds, one civilization, new friendships, and lots of fun. We'll be back!"
LOUIS C., SCOTTSDALE AZ
"One final note - over the four days, one couldn't help looking over at the other groups of trekkers, observing and even chatting with along the trail. From groups of 2 to what looked like other groups of 30+ people, I don't think I found any group that was as well looked after as our group. You can stop looking now - go ahead and book with Guiding Peru."
RICHARD C., ALBERTA CALGARY CANADA
YOU SHOULD KNOW
When to Travel
- High Season (June – August): Dry season in the Andean highlands. Best time for dry conditions for hiking in the Sacred Valley and on Inca Trail.
- Shoulder Season (September-November and March-May): Occasional rain storms Trails are less crowded, making for ideal visits with more solitude.
- Low Season (December to February): Rainy season. Expect persistent daily rains. The Inca Trail is closed in February for trail maintenance and campsite clean up.
Travel insurance: simple & flexible
You can buy and claim online, even after you’ve left home. Travel insurance from WorldNomads.com is available to people from 140 countries. It’s designed for adventurous travellers with cover for overseas medical, evacuation, baggage and a range of adventure sports and activities.
Fulfillment of booked tour:
Guiding Peru LLC is the travel booking company for your tour. Guiding Peru LLC does not provide guiding services in Peru. Guiding Peru LLC contracts guiding services from Peru companies for the tours booked with Guiding Peru LLC