LAKE TITICACA TOUR 4-DAYS
ONE OF THE WORLD MOST FASCINATING LAKES • EXPLORE THE CULTURE AND SCENERY OF THE FLOATING ISLANDS
✓Enjoy a 4-day fully guided adventure ✓Private transportation and Guiding Peru guide ✓Premium lodging in Puno ✓Home-stay on Amantani Island ✓Visit the Church of Andahuaylillas and the archaeological complex of Raqchi ✓Includes a stop in Pucará, a colonial city famous for its pottery ✓Flexibility to start the tour any day
Guiding Peru has designed an exciting and informative 4 day itinerary on our Lake Titicaca Tour from Cusco. This Lake Titicaca Tour provides visitors a memorable experience while exploring the cultures and scenery of these floating islands. Titicaca is the world’s most fascinating and highest navigable lake (3800m) and is definitely an unforgettable experience for any visitor. You will explore it’s shorelines and meet and stay in the homes of the Indigenous peoples from this amazing region of Peru.
On this tour you can expect easy walking conditions on landscapes of hills with lodging at high altitudes. Please read our terms and conditions and follow our suggested packing guidelines.
Tour Details for Lake Titicaca Tour 4-Day
Day 1: CUSCO – TIPON – RACCHI – PUNO
- Accommodation: Casa Andina Hotel, Puno
- Meals: Chef-prepared picnic lunch and snacks
Our team will pick you up in a private van at 7am from your Cusco Hotel to begin your drive to Puno. Along the way you will stop to visit with our guide a few interesting Inca ruins. Our first stop will be at the Tipon Archaeological complex. Here survives an intact Inca ritual garden with soothing water features. Following our guided tour you will stop at a stunning lake where our chef will prepare an amazing picnic lunch. Then we will continue the drive to the Racchi Inca ruins which was in Inca times a religious site and a resting place for weary travelers. Along the way to Puno is La Raya, the border between the Regions of Cusco and Puno, where the most traditional animals of Peru can be seen, such as llamas and alpacas. Our driver will stop and allow plenty of time for some amazing photos. By 6pm we will arrive in Puno where we will take you to your hotel. Here you will have the evening to enjoy on your own, wandering the streets and enjoying dinner on your own at one of the many restaurants
Day 2: PUNO – UROS ISLANDS – TAQUILE ISLAND
• Accommodation: Local Village Island Home, Taquile Island Lake Titicaca
• Meals: Breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks
After breakfast at your hotel, our guide will pick you up and take you to the Port of Puno. From there you will have a 30-minute boat ride, enjoying the fantastic views of the lake crossing to the floating Uros islands. The locals will welcome and show you their island and the products they weave, describing the construction of their island. From here you will take a 2.5-hour scenic boat ride, touring the lake before arriving to Taquile Island, mid-afternoon. Our guide will introduce you to the local families who are willing to share their homes with you for the evening. After a late lunch with the family, we will hike for one hour up to the island mountain, which is located at 13,000ft above sea level. Here you will have plenty of time to rest while enjoying an amazing view of the sun setting over the lake. You will hike back to the village for a group dinner and then you will have the opportunity to dress in traditional island clothes, provided by the locals, and go to the local square to meet and dance with the village children
Day 3: TAQUILE ISLAND – AMANTANI ISLAND – PUNO
• Accommodation: Casa Andina Hotel, Puno
• Meals: Breakfast, lunch, farewell dinner and snacks
You will have an early breakfast with your local family then take the boat for one hour to arrive at Amantani Island. The inhabitants here still live according to their ancestral traditions and dress with brightly colored traditional clothing. They are also famous for the magnificent weavings that the men spend many days completing. We will have some time to learn about ancestral farming techniques and experience using a few of the ancient Inca tools. Lunchtime will be in a typical restaurant with beautiful lake views, prior to taking the boat back to Puno and your hotel. You will have some time to rest and prepare for our evening farewell dinner, where our team will thank you for touring with Guiding Peru.
Day 4: PUNO – PUCARA - ANDAHUAYLILAS CHURCH – CUSCO or TRANSFER PUNO AIRPORT
• Meals: Breakfast, chef prepared picnic-lunch and snacks
Today you will have the option of taking our morning transfer to the local Puno airport for your flight to Lima, or alternatively you may enjoy the 6 hour return drive back to Cusco in our private van. We will depart for Cusco at 7am with our first stop at Pucara. Here we will visit a museum where it is possible to view pre-Inca remains. We will then drive for a few more hours before stopping at a beautiful lake for our chef prepared picnic lunch. Our last stop of the day, before returning to your Cusco hotel at 5pm, will be at the Andahuaylillas Church, considered to be the Sistine Chapel of South America because of its amazing frescos.
What’s Included in our 4-Day Lake Titicaca Tour
• Private English-Spanish speaking guide • 2 Nights Casa Andina premium accommodations, (shared doubles), Puno • 1 Nights accommodation, rural island village home stay, Amantani Island • Private ground transportation: Cusco to Puno • Meals as per itinerary • Daily snacks and water • Boat transportation • Lake Titicaca permits • Entry fees: Andahuaylillas church, Racchi Inca ruins, Pucara museum
Suggested Packing List
• Original passport. • ISIC international student card if applicable. • Daypack to carry your personal items • Comfortable hiking boots with good ankle support • Warm clothes, layers for variable temperatures • T-shirts and trekking pants that zip off to short pants for comfort • Personal medications • Insect repellent • Flash light or head lamp • Camera • Sun hat, Sunscreen, and sunglasses • Rain jacket/pants or high quality rain poncho • Personal Toiletries, toilet paper, small towel, moist towelettes • 2 x1 litre water bottle or 2 liter water bladder for day pack • Bathing suit • Extra money for drinks & tips, souvenirs etc in soles
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
"Our guides Reuben, Marco and Celia were great. They took care of everything. I enjoyed the conversation and learning about their country. I liked the food and think the meals were well rounded. The hotels were clean and accommodating. Good team. I’d book with them again."
SEAN S., DENVER CO
"Awesome leadership, great preparation, outstanding food, a new adventure at every turn and....the contrast from 14000 ft. peaks to jungle canopy was what brought it all together....two worlds, one civilization, new friendships, and lots of fun. We'll be back!"
LOUIS C., SCOTTSDALE AZ
"One final note - over the four days, one couldn't help looking over at the other groups of trekkers, observing and even chatting with along the trail. From groups of 2 to what looked like other groups of 30+ people, I don't think I found any group that was as well looked after as our group. You can stop looking now - go ahead and book with Guiding Peru."
RICHARD C., ALBERTA CALGARY CANADA
YOU SHOULD KNOW
When to Travel
- High Season (June – August): Dry season in the Andean highlands. Best time for dry conditions for hiking in the Sacred Valley and on Inca Trail.
- Shoulder Season (September-November and March-May): Occasional rain storms Trails are less crowded, making for ideal visits with more solitude.
- Low Season (December to February): Rainy season. Expect persistent daily rains. The Inca Trail is closed in February for trail maintenance and campsite clean up.
Travel insurance: simple & flexible
You can buy and claim online, even after you’ve left home. Travel insurance from WorldNomads.com is available to people from 140 countries. It’s designed for adventurous travellers with cover for overseas medical, evacuation, baggage and a range of adventure sports and activities.