LAKE TITICACA TOUR 4-DAYS
Overview of Lake Titicaca Tour:
Guiding Peru has designed an exciting 4 day itinerary on our Lake Titicaca Tour, providing visitors a memorable experience while exploring the cultures and scenery of these floating islands. On the world’s most fascinating and highest navigable lake (3800m) our tour at Titicaca is definitely an unforgettable experience for any visitor, as you explore it’s shorelines and meet and stay in the homes of the Indigenous peoples from this amazing region of Peru.
Lake Titicaca Tour Highlights:
- Enjoy a 4-day fully guided adventure
- Private transportation and Guiding Peru guide
- Premium lodging in Puno
- Home-stay on Amantani Island
- Visit the Church of Andahuaylillas and the archaeological complex of Raqchi
- Includes a stop in Pucará, a colonial city famous for its pottery
- Flexibility to start the tour any day
- 25% deposit required at time of booking
- (Supplement of $100.00 for single person traveler)
- 2 person minimum
Tour Description Goes Here
Day 1: CUSCO – ANDAHUAYLILLAS – RACCHI – PUNO
- Accommodation: Casa Andina Premium, Puno
- Meals: Lunch and snacks
Our team will pick you up in private van at 6.30am from the Hilton Garden Inn to begin your drive to Puno. Along the way you will stop to visit a few interesting sites: Inca ruins, museums and churches. The Andahuaylillas Church, considered to be the Sistine Chapel of South America because of its amazing frescos, will be the first stop. Then we will continue the drive to the Racchi Inca ruins which used to be a religious site and a resting place for weary Inca travellers. The next visit along the way to Puno is at La Raya, the border between the Regions of Cusco and Puno, where the most traditional animals of Peru can be seen, such as llamas and alpacas. In Pucara we will visit a museum where it is possible to view pre-Inca remains. By 5pm we will arrive in Puno city where we will take you to your hotel. Here you will have the evening to enjoy on your own, wandering the streets of Puno, enjoying dinner on your own at one of the many restaurants.
Day 2: PUNO – UROS ISLANDS – AMANTANI ISLAND
- Accommodation: Local Village Island Home, Amantani Lake Titicaca
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks
After breakfast at your hotel, our guide will pick you up and take you to the Port of Puno. From there you will have a 30-minute boat ride, enjoying the fantastic views of the lake crossing to the floating islands. The locals will welcome and show you their island and the products they weave. From here you will take a 3-hour scenic boat ride, touring the lake before arriving to Amantani Island, mid-afternoon. Our guide will introduce you to the local families who are willing to share their homes with you for the evening. After a late lunch with the family, we will hike for one hour up to the mountain called Pachataita, which is located at 13,200ft above sea level. Here you will have plenty of time to rest while enjoying an amazing view of the sun setting over the lake. You will hike back to the village for dinner and then you will have the opportunity to dress in traditional clothes, provided by the locals, and go to the local school to meet and dance with the village children.
Day 3: AMANTANI ISLAND – TAQUILE ISLAND – PUNO
- Accommodation: Casa Andina Premium, Puno
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch, farewell dinner and snacks
You will have an early breakfast with your local family then take the boat for two hours to arrive at Taquile Island. The inhabitants here still live according to their ancestral traditions and dress with brightly colored traditional clothing. They are also famous for the magnificent weavings that the men spend many days completing. We will have some time to learn about ancestral farming techniques and experience using a few of the ancient Inca tools. Lunchtime will be in a typical restaurant prior to taking the boat back to Puno and your hotel. You will have some time to rest and prepare for our evening farewell dinner, where our team will thank you for touring with Guiding Peru.
Day 4: PUNO – CUSCO or PUNO – LIMA
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and snacks
Tod day you will have the option of taking our morning transfer to the local airport for your flight to Lima, or alternatively you may enjoy the 6 hour return drive back to Cusco in our private van, stopping along the way in a local restaurant for lunch before returning to your Cusco Hotel for 3pm.
When to Travel
- High Season (June – August): Dry season in the Andean highlands. Best time for dry conditions for hiking in the Sacred Valley and on Inca Trail.
- Shoulder Season (September-November and March-May): Occasional rainstorms Trails are less crowded, making for ideal visits with more solitude.
- Low Season (December to February): Rainy season. Expect persistent daily rains.
- The Inca Trail is closed in February for trail maintenance and campsite clean up.
Suggested Packing List
- Original passport.
- ISIC international student card if applicable.
- Daypack to carry your personal items
- Comfortable hiking boots with good ankle support
- Warm clothes, layers for variable temperatures
- T-shirts and trekking pants that zip off to short pants for comfort
- Personal medications
- Insect repellent
- Flash light or head lamp
- Sun hat, Sunscreen, and sunglasses
- Rain jacket/pants or high quality rain poncho
- Personal Toiletries, toilet paper, small towel, moist towelettes
- 2 x1 litre water bottle or 2 liter water bladder for day pack
- Bathing suit
- Extra money for drinks & tips, souvenirs etc in soles
- Private English-Spanish speaking guide
- 2 Nights Casa Andina premium accommodations, (shared doubles), Puno
- 1 Nights accommodation, rural island village home stay, Amantani Island
- Private ground transportation: Cusco to Puno
- Meals as per itinerary
- Daily snacks and water
- Boat transportation
- Lake Titicaca permits
- Entry fees: Andahuaylillas church, Racchi Inca ruins, Pucara museum
- Travel Insurance