MACHU PICCHU FULL-DAY TRAIN TOUR
One of top 5 train journeys in the world
Private guided tour of Machu Picchu
Optional hike included to the Sun Gate and Inca Bridge
An incredible 1-day guided train tour to Machu Picchu. Visit the village of Ollantaytambo in the Sacred Valley, shop in Aguas Calientes, and enjoy a tour of Machu Picchu. Travel through alpine meadows nestled amongst the green, brown and white peaks, the intricately formed valleys, layers of Inca farming terraces, ridgid snowcapped mountains and sub-tropical jungle to Aguas Calientes.
- Single Day Adventure
- Amazing Scenery
- Tourist Expedition train
- Ollantaytambo shopping
- Private guided tour of Machu Picchu
- Aguas Calientes shopping
- Tour available daily
Our Machu Picchu Train Tour Price:
- $375.00 per person (minimum 2 person needed for booking)
- At the time of booking a minimum 25 percent deposit is required
- $350.00 per student (only with active green ISIC card)
Machu Picchu Full-Day Train Tour With Guiding Peru
For those travelers that are short on time, our Full-Day Machu Picchu Train Tour is the best way to explore everything that Machu Picchu has to offer. Guiding Peru’s Full-Day Machu Picchu Train Tour will take you on a journey that you’ve never experienced before, traveling along the Urubamba River, relishing the magnificent terrain of the High Andes.
Our Full-Day Machu Picchu Train Tour itinerary:
You will be picked up from your hotel in Cusco very early in the morning (4:30 to 5:00 a.m) and will be driven to the village of Ollantaytambo, located in the Sacred Valley. Before boarding the Expedition train to Aguas Calientes, you will have some spare time to shop around and savor a snack in any of the cafes available. With magnificent sceneries all throughout the route, the rail trip is a fascinating experience in itself. Following the trail of the Urubamba River down into the Sacred Valley, you will arrive in Aguas Calientes where one of our experienced guides will lead you directly to Machu Picchu for a guided tour experience. The duration of the tour will be three hours, where you will learn about the famous Incas and explore each important area the citadel has to offer. Following the trip, you will have spare time to discover the site on your own. In the afternoon, you will take the bus back to Aguas Calientes, where you’ll board the Expedition train back to Ollantaytambo. Here one of our drivers will meet you and drive you back to your Cusco hotel.
When to Travel
- High Season (June – August): Dry season in the Andean highlands. Best time for dry conditions for hiking in the Sacred Valley and on Inca Trail.
- Shoulder Season (September-November and March-May): Occasional rainstorms Trails are less crowded, making for ideal visits with more solitude.
- Low Season (December to February): Rainy season. Expect persistent daily rains.
- The Inca Trail is closed in February for trail maintenance and campsite clean up.
What should be in your packing list?
- Original passport
- If you’re a student and looking for special discount, don’t forget to take your ISIC card
- Rain coat and waterproof jacket
- Sunscreen lotion & sun hat
- Insect repellent
What is included in our Machu Picchu train tour package?
- Return transportation from Ollantaytambo to your Cusco hotel
- English & Spanish speaking tour guide
- Return transportation via Expedition train from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes
- Machu Picchu entrance ticket alongside three hour guided tour of the ruins
- Return bus to Aguas Calientes from Machu Picchu
- Optional trek included to the Sun Gate & Inca Bridge
- Huayna Picchu Ticket (US$75)
- Travel insurance