LUXURY 8-DAY INCA TRAIL WITH MACHU PICCHUGUIDING PERU INCLUSIVE PRIVATE TOUR PACKAGE • ENJOY CUSCO, SACRED VALLEY, AND THE INCA TRAIL
– Luxury Private Multi-Day Adventure – Luxury 8 Day Machu Picchu Package Tour – 5* Premium Accommodations – Machu Picchu private guided tour – Experience cultural Cusco and Sacred Valley – Guiding Peru Exclusive – Visit a rural mountain village school – Amazing Gourmet Meals by world-renowned Peruvian chefs – Specialty drinks, including Premium wines and Pisco Sours – Luxury Inca Trail Camping – Private porters – Daily massages and hot showers on Inca Trail – Flexible start date
From majestic Inca ruins to incredible gastronomic experiences to the finest hotel properties, our knowledgeable team of travel experts know everything about Peru and have prepared a travel package just for you. This 8-Day Luxury Machu Picchu Package allows you to enjoy the “Best of Peru”, amazing chef-prepared dinners, drinks, and premium accommodations as you tour Cusco, the Sacred Valley, and Machu Picchu on your private luxury tour.
On this tour you can expect extended hiking on the Inca Trail. You should come prepared with proper equipment. Training for at least 2 months before the trek is advised. Please do not leave any required equipment at home. Our guides will provide much of the equipment but please ask. Please read our booking policy before purchase.
8-Day Machu Picchu Luxury Tour Package
Get ready to enjoy a 8-Day Machu Picchu Luxury Tour Package that’s specially designed by Guiding Peru – Peru’s #1 tour company. During this 8-day tour, you’ll be pampered with the highest degree of service along with world-class accommodations and the finest cuisine Peru has to offer. Our seasoned, multilingual tour guides will guide you through the beautiful Peruvian countryside, articulating its unique blend of Inca & Colonial cultures, while giving special attention to many of the not so well-known archaeological sights.The following is the itinerary of our 8-Day Machu Picchu Luxury Tour Package:
Day 1: Arrival to Cusco, Peru
Lodging: JW Marriott El Convento Hotel, Cusco Meals: deluxe buffet dinner Upon arrival at the the Cusco airport, you’ll be greeted by one of our representatives, then driven to the five-star JW Marriott El Convento Hotel. In the late afternoon our guide will take you on a walking tour to the beautiful Cusco Inca Museum. After coming back to the hotel, you will relish an evening reception evening in the courtyard of the JW Marriott El Convento, with complimentary drinks, followed by a pre-trek briefing from your tour guide. You will be offered an appetizing dinner at JW Marriott’s Pirqa Restaurant which is best known for its sophisticated environment and fine dinning options.
Day 2: Guided City Tour Of Cusco & Sacsayhuaman Park
Lodging at JW Marriott El Convento Meals: Gourmet breakfast & Chef cooked picnic lunch with a great selection of beverages At 8:00 am sharp your guide will pick you up at your hotel to begin the deluxe Cusco city tour. Your journey will start in the Plaza de Armas where our guide will explain the old Inca buildings & streets of the city. Along the way, you will be taken to Saint Christopher Church where you’ll have the finest views of the entire city. Then, you will be taken to Cusco’s 1st cathedral where you can witness South America’s best pulpits, crafted in cedar wood. Afterward, you’ll continue on foot to the famous Temple of the Sun. As soon as you get into the temple you’ll be mesmerized by the clash between traditional Inca culture & Catholicism, and their disparities in building methods. At noon, following this interesting walking tour, you will be driven to Quenko, The Temple of Fertility, where you’ll enjoy a half hour private guided tour. In these incredible uplands, you will be offered an appetizing chef-prepared picnic lunch, alongside a great selection of beverages. After some rest, you will then be offered a 2-hour private tour walking down an age-old Inca route to the Sacsayhuaman Incan archaeological site. Your day 2 will end here and we will drive you back to your hotel in our private van.
Day 3: Guided Sacred Valley Tour
Lodging at Sol & Luna Lodge and Spa, Urubamba Meals: Gourmet breakfast, typical Andean lunch and dinner along with a great selection of beverages On day 3, your guide will pick you up at your hotel by 8:00 am and, from here, you will be driven to the village of Pisac. We’ll stop at Awanacancha, where you’ll have the 1st surprise of the day before continuing to the Pisac archeological site. Then, your guide will take you through the houses of priests, the sector terraces and the cemetery. Following this tour, your next destination will be Amaru community where you will be served a typical Andean lunch. However, before you savour this lunch, the community will welcome you with classical tunes played with old musical instruments & an offering of flowers to the Mother Earth. Following the ceremony, you’ll join the craftspeople to collect items, such as flowers, that are employed to color the wool garments. From Amaru, we’ll drive to Ollantaytambo where we’ll get into the age-old Inca Fortress, where you will spend 1.5 hours. After discovering this archaeological wonder, you’ll be driven to the close-by village, Urubamba, located deep in the Sacred Valley. Here you’ll have some free time to shop for some last minute trekking items & relax before the appetizing evening dinner at the Killa Wasi restaurant in the Sol & Luna.
Day 4: Inca Trail Trek- Ollantaytambo To Km 82 To Llactapata – Ayapata
Lodging: Luxury Camping Meals: Gourmet buffet breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. Great selection of beverages Following an early morning breakfast, we depart the hotel in Ollantaytambo and drive to Km 82. Here you’ll meet our chefs and porters as they arrange our gear for the upcoming 4-days of hiking on the popular Inca Trail. The initial two hours of trekking are considered effortless, as you see the first Inca site, Patallacta, a magnificent regulatory point of the Sacred Valley. From Patallacta, you will do 2 hours of trekking to our lunch-stop, nearby our 1st camping site on the trail Hatunchaca. After lunch, we trek nearly 2.5 hours until we arrive at the 1st night campsite at Ayapata. We prefer this campground because it’s quieter compared to others. You will be served appetizing snacks and a hot drink prior to your dinner being served at 7:30 pm.
Day 5: Inca Trail Trek: Ayapata – Dead Woman´S Pass – Pacaymayu – Runcuraccay Pass – Chaquiccocha
Lodging: Luxury Camping Meals: Breakfast, lunch and gourmet dinner, snacks & a great selection of drinks Your day 5 will start with an early morning breakfast & a hot cup of coca tea or Peruvian coffee. Keep in mind this is going to be the most difficult & challenging day of trekking. Your trek will start with a 4-hour hike to Warmiwañuska pass (the Dead Woman’s Pass), the tallest of the trek. Before reaching the pass we will take a break at a local village to enjoy a cold drink. You then will be hiking to Pacaymayu Valley. From the peak, you will hike 1.5 hours to our lunch site, where our faithful porters will have our dining camp arranged and our expert chef will have an exceptional lunch waiting. Following the appetizing lunch, we start hiking to the 2nd pass of the day. This’ll encompass the time you spend on the stunning Inca trail of Runcu Raccay, situated in the finest viewpoint of the gorge. We then commence descending to Sayacmarca where you’ll relish the best sundown of the tour. Lastly, we’ll have thirty minutes to our 2nd campground of Chaquicocha. After a superb dinner & rejuvenating drink, you will enjoy sleeping under the amazing stars.
Day 6: Inca Trail Trek: Chaquiccocha – Wiñaywayna
Lodging: Luxury Camping Meals: Buffet, lunch dinner and snacks and a great selection of beverages Your day 6 will start with an early morning breakfast. We’ll trek for a continuous 1.25 hours to leave other groups of trekkers far behind. As we hike, you’ll have the chance to witness the sacred & royal Salcantay Mountain, the 2nd highest snow-covered mountain in the province. After observing this fascinating sight, we’ll reach Phuyupatamarka, the 3rd pass where you will enjoy the fabulous views of the Urubamba River, Urubamba Mountain range, Machu Picchu Mountain and the archeological site of Puyupatamarca. It will be a 3-hour trek from Phuyupatamarka to our final campground of Wiñay Wayna. After Machu Picchu, this is the most exceptional Inca site on the trail. We’ll arrive at our campsite at 1:00 pm for an appetizing lunch. In the afternoon, you’ll have ample time to discover several Inca sites, apart from the stunning Wiñayhuayna. Tonight you will relish a magnificent dinner presentation, followed by an excellent full body massage.
Day 7: Inca Trail Trek: Winaywayna To Machu Picchu To Cusco
Lodging: JW Marriott El Convento, Cusco Meals: Buffet, celebratory gourmet lunch with snacks & a great selection of beverages You will be awakened early today ( about 4:00 am) when porter will serve you a freshly prepared cup of hot coca tea or coffee as you pack your bag for the final day on the beautiful Inca Trail. At 5:30am, you’ll get to the final checkpoint & trek to the Sun Gate to enjoy the 1st spectacular sight of Machu Picchu. We will descend to the fortress of Machu Picchu while viewing amazing panoramas of this stunning valley. At 7:30am we’ll arrive at Machu Picchu City, where our three-hour private guided tour will commence through the most important and exceptional points of the complex. Following the tour, you will have ample spare time to hike the mountain “Huaynapicchu”. After the climb, the bus will bring you to Aguas Calientes where our guide will take you to enjoy a celebratory lunch at Ayasca. You will catch the 4:30 pm train back to Ollantaytambo. As soon as you arrive in Ollantaytambo, our private van will drive you back to Cusco City. You’ll have this last evening in Cusco, free to unwind as you wish, at your hotel.
Day 8: Bye-Bye Peru
Meals: Gourmet breakfast Our Machu Picchu Luxury Tour Package ends today. Our private van will drive you to the terminal to catch your flight back home.
What’s Included in our Luxury 8-Day Inca Trail with Machu Picchu Tour
• Guiding Peru “welcome package and 1st nights evening reception • Guiding Peru deluxe day-pack • Professional Guiding Peru English/Spanish speaking guide(s) • Private transfers to and from the Cusco airport with refreshments • 3 Nights in JW Marriott El Convento, Cusco • 1 Night in Sol & Luna Lodge and Spa, Urubamba • 3 Nights luxury private camping on Inca trail • Personal Porter for Inca Trail trek • Deluxe Tent for Inca Trail (2 person shared 4 man tent) • Private dining tent with linens, fine cutlery/dishes and glassware • Deluxe fully backed and padded chairs for the Inca Trail • Private toilets on Inca Trail • Sleeping bag, loft-pillow and deluxe thick foam mattress • Trekking poles • Gourmet meals with drinks as indicated in the itinerary • Peruvian fine wines • Private van • 4 Day Inca Trail Trek permits • Cusco Visitors Ticket • Cusco Inca Museum entry and private guided tour with bottled water • 21 Entrance tickets for all the Inca sites and touristic places. • Private guided tour of Machu Picchu • Cusco City private guided deluxe tour and Chef prepared gourmet picnic lunch • Sacred Valley private guided deluxe tour and Chef prepared gourmet picnic lunch • Deluxe Vistadome Train tickets • Bus from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes • Huayna Picchu climb permit • Daily massage(s) on the 4 day Inca Trail • Private Hot showers, with luxury soap/shampoo on Inca Trail
Suggested Packing List
• Original passport (should passport change post booking bring both) • Comfortable trekking boots with good ankle support • Warm clothes, layers for variable temperatures • Thermal underwear for cold conditions • Gloves or mittens, wool socks, beanie for cold conditions • T-shirts and trekking pants that zip off to short pants for comfort • Personal medications, insect repellant • Flash light, head lamp and extra batteries • Camera • Binoculars • Sun hat, Sunscreen, and sunglasses • Rain jacket/pants or high quality rain poncho • Personal Toiletries, toilet paper, small towel, moist towelettes • 2 x1 litre water bottle • Bathing suit for the hot springs in Aguas Calientes • Extra money for drinks & tips, souvenirs etc in soles
INCA TRAIL INFORMATION GUIDE
This tour includes hiking on the Inca Trail! For sustainability purposes the Ministry of Peru limits the number of people that can hike on the Inca Trail each year. Here's everything you need to know about the Inca Trail including permits and availability!
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
"Our guides Reuben, Marco and Celia were great. They took care of everything. I enjoyed the conversation and learning about their country. I liked the food and think the meals were well rounded. The hotels were clean and accommodating. Good team. I’d book with them again."
SEAN S., DENVER CO
"Awesome leadership, great preparation, outstanding food, a new adventure at every turn and....the contrast from 14000 ft. peaks to jungle canopy was what brought it all together....two worlds, one civilization, new friendships, and lots of fun. We'll be back!"
LOUIS C., SCOTTSDALE AZ
"One final note - over the four days, one couldn't help looking over at the other groups of trekkers, observing and even chatting with along the trail. From groups of 2 to what looked like other groups of 30+ people, I don't think I found any group that was as well looked after as our group. You can stop looking now - go ahead and book with Guiding Peru."
RICHARD C., ALBERTA CALGARY CANADA
YOU SHOULD KNOW
When to Travel
- High Season (June – August): Dry season in the Andean highlands. Best time for dry conditions for hiking in the Sacred Valley and on Inca Trail.
- Shoulder Season (September-November and March-May): Occasional rain storms Trails are less crowded, making for ideal visits with more solitude.
- Low Season (December to February): Rainy season. Expect persistent daily rains. The Inca Trail is closed in February for trail maintenance and campsite clean up.
Travel insurance: simple & flexible
You can buy and claim online, even after you’ve left home. Travel insurance from WorldNomads.com is available to people from 140 countries. It’s designed for adventurous travellers with cover for overseas medical, evacuation, baggage and a range of adventure sports and activities.