SALKANTAY MOUNTAIN TREK AND MACHU PICCHU 9-DAYS
Inclusive package tour
5-Day Salkantay Trek and Machu Picchu tour
Exclusive cultural tours of the Sacred Valley and Cusco
Our 9-Day Salkantay Mountain and Machu Picchu Tour Package allows you to discover the alternate route to Machu Picchu on the remote and scenic Salkantay Trail.
- Multi-Day Adventure
- Hike the Salkantay Trail
- Alternate Route to Machu Picchu
- Diverse Landscape
- Experience cultural Cusco and Sacred Valley – Guiding Peru Exclusive
- Visit a rural mountain village school
- Meals and 4* Accommodations Included
- Flexible start date
Price Detail of our 9-Day Machu Picchu Salkantay Trail Tour:
- $2250 per person
- 25 percent initial deposit required while booking
- (Supplement of $195.00 for single person traveler)
9-Day Machu Picchu Salkantay Trail Tour:
Salkantay trek is quite popular among trekkers all over the globe and also considered as the finest alternative trek to the typical Inca trail leading into Machu Picchu. Our 9-Day Machu Picchu Salkantay Trail Tour allows you to explore the alternate route to Machu Picchu on the isolate and picturesque Salkantay Trail.
Here is the complete itinerary of 9-day Machu Picchu Salkantay Trek Tour:
Day1: Arrival To Cusco Peru:
- Lodging:Hilton Garden Inn, Cusco
- Meals include: Welcome reception
Upon arrival at the the Cusco airport, you’ll be greeted by one of our representatives, then you will be driven to the 4-star Hilton Garden hotel in Cusco. In the late afternoon our guide will take you on a walking trip to the beautiful Cusco Inca Museum. After coming back to the hotel, you will relish an evening reception in the courtyard of Hilton Garden Inn followed by an travel plan briefing from your tour guide.
Day 2: Guided City Tour Of Cusco And Sacsayhuaman Park:
- Lodging: Hilton Garden Inn, Cusco
- Meals include: Breakfast & deluxe picnic lunch
At 8:00 am your guide will be there in the hotel to pick you up and your deluxe Cusco city tour starts from here. Your journey will start in Plaza de Armas of Cusco where our guide will explain you about the old Inca buildings & streets of the city. Along the way, you will be taken to Saint Christopher Church where you’ll have the finest views of the entire city. Then, you will be taken to Cusco’s 1st cathedral where you can witness South America’s best pulpits, crafted in cedar wood. Afterward you’ll continue on foot to the famous Temple of the Sun. As soon as you get into the temple you’ll be mesmerized to witness the clash between Inca culture & Catholicism, and their disparities in building methods. In the noon following this interesting walking tour, you will be driven to Quenko, The Temple of Fertility, where you’ll enjoy a half an hour of private guided trip. In these incredible uplands, you will be offered with an appetizing chef-cooked picnic lunch alongside a great selection of beverages. After some rest, you will be then offered with a 2-hour private tour that basically focus on walking down on an age-old Inca route to the Sacsayhuaman Incan archaeological site. Your day 2 will be ended here and we will drive you back to your hotel in our private van. Upon request our guide can recommend you some of the finest restaurants in Cusco.
Day 3: Guided Sacred Valley Tour: Pisac – Amaru – Ollantaytambo
- Lodging: Sol & Luna Lodge and Spa, Urubamba
- Meals include: Breakfast, traditional Andean lunch and dinner with a great selection of drinks
Today, you’ll relish an exploration of the Sacred Valley. Your guide will get there at your hotel by 8:00 am and from here you will be driven to the village of Pisac. We’ll stop at Awanacancha, where you’ll have the 1st surprise of the day before continuing to the Pisac archeological site. Then, your guide will take you through the houses of priests, the sector terraces and the cemetery. Following this trip, your next destination will be Amaru community where you will be served with a typical Andean lunch. However, before you savour this lunch, the community will welcome you with classical tunes played via an old musical instruments & an offering of flowers to the Mother Earth. Following the ceremony, you’ll join the craftspeople to collect items, such as flowers that are employed to color the wool garments. From Amaru, we’ll drive to Ollantaytambo where we’ll get into the age-old Inca Fortress where you will spend 1.5 hours. After discovering this archaeological wonder, you’ll be driven to the close by village, Urubamba that is placed deep in the Sacred Valley where you’ll have some free time to shop some trekking items & relax before the appetizing evening dinner at the Killa Wasi restaurant in the Sol & Luna.
Day 4: Cusco – Soraypampa – Soyrococha – Salkantay Pass – Wayracmachay
- Lodging: Luxury camping
- Meals: Breakfast, picnic lunch,dinner and snacks
Our van with porters, cooks, and guide will pick up you from your hotel at 4:30am to start our journey. After three hours of driving we will reach at Soraypampa. Upon arrival, you’ll served with a hot breakfast while enjoy the awe-inspiring views of the two mountains: Humantay & Salkantay. The first segment of trekking is a steady uphill trek lasting almost 1.5 hours, touring along the Salkantay Valley until reaching at Salkantay Pampa. Then a 1-hour uphill trek will take us to our lunch site at Soyrococha Lake. As we arrive, you will receive a warm reception from our porters, chef and horses waiting for you here. Following this break, we keep strolling for nearly 40 minutes through the zenith of Salkantay pass relishing the finest views without any tourist disturbance. Then we will trek downhill to our 1st campsite Wayracmachay. Prior to dinner we’ll have appetizers alongside lots of hot beverages & hot popcorn.
Day 5: Wayracmachay – Ccollpapampa – La Playa Sahuayaku
- Lodging: Deluxe camping
- Meals include: breakfast, lunch, dinner & snacks
You can’t afford to miss the chance to witness the beautiful sunrise over glacier summits lightening the cloud forest. So you have to wake up early on the morning on Day 5. After enjoying a hot cup of coffee or coca tea you’ll have time to pack your luggages & relish an appetizing breakfast made by our chef. We’ll start trekking four hour downhill until we arrive at Ccollpapampa – our lunch spot. After having lunch it’ll be almost 4.5 hours of steady downhill hiking, discovering magnificent cascades, rivers and incredible flora & fauna. Sahuayacku will be our campsite tonight. Here our new team of porters and cooks will waiting for you with appetizing meals and drinks to greet you.
Day 6: La Playa Sahuayaku – Lucamabamba Coffee Farm – Zipline Santa Teresa – Cocalmayu Hot Springs:
- Accommodation: Deluxe Camping
- Meals include: Breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks
Following an appetizing breakfast we’ll commence our day 6, by walking about 30 minutes to the Coffee farm, where you’ll find our next campsite. Coffee you found here is of excellent quality. This land is also known for producing lemons and avocados. After exploring the local farm, we’ll take some rest as soon as we finish our lunch. Then our van will take you to Santa Teresa valley where waiting for you is the highest lines for zip lining in South America. After this astounding adventure we’ll take some rest at the hot springs of Cocalmayu, which is known as the most beautiful hot spring of the Cusco province. About 6pm we get back to the campsite where a nice surprise dinner is waiting for you.
Day 7: Lucmabamba – Llacatapata Mirador – Hidroelectric Water Falls – Aguas Calientes Hotel
- Lodging: Tierra Viva Machu Picchu Hotel, Aguas Calientes
- Meals include: Breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks
After an early wake up and breakfast your day 7 adventure will start. This part is the most preserved Incan paved route that ascent to the Llactapata Incan archaeological site. You will spend three hours of trekking over the mountain side to get the finest views of Santa Teresa valley, Sahuayaco and Santa Teresa river. As soon as we get there at the top, we’ll be enclosed by so many Unkas trees and several native plants of the region,. Then we start discovering Llactapata, a stunning Incan military sector of Machu Picchu. Here you will enjoy the 1st view of Machu Picchu as well as as the popular mountains of Huayna Picchu. After that we begin descending to Hidroelectrica which will take approximately two hours. Today, you’ll enjoy a box lunch in the middle of the river Aobamba.. The final part for today, we will arrive to Aguas Calientes through the foot valley of Machu Picchu where you’ll have a great chance to enjoy to enjoy views of the city from the Urubamba River up to Machu Picchu & Huayna Picchu mountains. Finally on your arrival to Aguas Caliente you’ll relish a hot bath at your hotel. Your tonight’s dinner is reserved in one of the finest eateries of Aguas Calientes, where our tour guide will arrange everything to tomorrow’s trip of Machu Picchu.
Day 8: Aguas Calientes – Machupicchu – Cusco
- Lodging:Hilton Garden Inn, Cusco
- Meals include: Breakfast, celebratory lunch with snacks
Day 8 will start with an early morning breakfast to enjoy your day in Machu Picchu. Your tour will start by trekking down the Inca trail that concludes at the Inca Bridge Trail, Machu Picchu. This is an interesting trek where not many visitors go. The hike will take us about 30 minutes, and is the finest way to start your exploration of this enthralling complex. Following the Inca Bridge exploration, you’ll loosen up with the finest outlook of the Citadel and your guide will talk about the mystery of Machu Picchu along the way. Then our next mission will be Mount Machu Picchu climb. At 1:00pm, we’ll opt for our celebratory lunch at one of the finest restaurants in Aguas Calientes. Then we will board on our train to the town of Ollantaytambo where our private van and driver will be waiting for you to drive you back to your hotel in Cusco. You can enjoy your last night in Cusco as you want.
Day 9: Bye-Bye Peru:
- Meals include: Breakfast
After some morning exploration our private van will be ready drive you to the airport for your flight back home.
When to Travel
- High Season (June – August): Dry season in the Andean highlands. Best time for dry conditions for hiking in the Sacred Valley and on Inca Trail.
- Shoulder Season (September-November and March-May): Occasional rainstorms Trails are less crowded, making for ideal visits with more solitude.
- Low Season (December to February): Rainy season. Expect persistent daily rains.
- The Inca Trail is closed in February for trail maintenance and campsite clean up.
Suggested Packing List
- Original passport.
- ISIC international student card if applicable.
- Backpack to carry your personal items
- Comfortable trekking boots with good ankle support
- Warm clothes, layers for variable temperatures
- Thermal underwear for cold conditions
- Gloves or mittens, wool socks, beanie for cold conditions
- T-shirts and trekking pants that zip off to short pants for comfort
- Personal medications, insect repellant
- Flash light, head lamp and extra batteries
- Sun hat, Sunscreen, and sunglasses
- Rain jacket/pants or high quality rain poncho
- Personal Toiletries, toilet paper, small towel, moist towelettes
- 2 x1 litre water bottle
- Bathing suit for the hot springs in Aguas Calientes
- Extra money for drinks & tips, souvenirs etc in soles
- Guiding Peru “welcome package”
- Professional Guiding Peru English/Spanish speaking guide(s)
- Private transfers to and from the Cusco airport
- 4 Nights in Hilton Garden Inn Hotel Cusco with buffet breakfast.
- 3 Nights deluxe camping on Inca trail
- 1 Night Tierra Viva Machu Picchu Hotel, Aguas Calientes
- Personal Porter for Inca Trail trek for 6 Kg
- Tents for trail (2 person shared 4 man tent)
- Sleeping bag and deluxe foam mattress
- Trekking poles
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary
- Tourist vehicles and expert English speaking indigenous guides.
- Cusco Visitors Ticket
- 21 Entrance tickets for all the Inca sites and touristic places.
- Guided tour of Machu Picchu
- Cusco City guided Tour
- Expedition Train Tickets, bus tickets
- Bus from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes
- International Airfare to Cusco
- Travel insurance
- Huayna Picchu Ticket (US$70)
- Up-grading Cusco Hotel
- Up-Grading to Vistadome Deluxe train from included Expedition tourist train
- Single supplement charge $195.00 (Hotel and tent included)